Top 3D Product Visualization Software
Product visualization is the technique of using rendered images and artwork to visually communicate the brand’s message, product features, and functionality to the customers. It involves using CGI to create a 3D product concept for marketing purposes.
While finding the right software is one thing, implementing it can be another challenge. So, we will discuss the challenges you should know before implementing 3D product visualization software. We will also discuss why hiring a 3D product visualization service provider would be a wise decision.
3D Product Visualization Software
3D product visualization offers a digital representation of the product through a 3D model and virtual environment. It involves creating renders, designs, and images through 3D software.
Two-dimensional models cannot convey the product’s functionality and features to customers through their flat surface visual content. 3D product visualization provides brands with an innovative way to communicate their message to customers through immersive product presentations.
3D product visualization aims to make products look more dynamic through pictures, 360-degree images, or augmented reality/virtual reality experiences. You can create an interesting product experience that will set your brand ahead of the competition with 3D product visualization.
3D product visualization helps establish customers’ one-to-one connection with the product. This improves the customer’s experience, keeps them engaged, and boosts the conversion rate.
3D Product Visualization Process
3D product visualization is a complex process designed to produce a stunning visual representation of a product, which can be used for a wide range of purposes like marketing, designing, and prototyping. The process involves the following steps:
- 3D Modeling: The process starts with creating a three-dimensional model of the product to be visualized. Once the model is made, it is given shape, definition, texture, size, and other visual properties using 3D modeling software and geometric primitives.
- Rendering: Once the 3D model is created, it is rendered into a 2D image or video. Rendering gives the model a realistic and visually stunning appearance to the product. Rendering is a relatively complex process, especially when done for a complex project.
- Compositing & post process: Once the model is created and rendered, the final touch is given to the model by calibrating and tweaking the colors and then adjusting the contrasts.
3D Product Visualization Use-case
3D visualization has gained immense popularity and is now considered one of the essential methods for creating high-quality visual content.
Retail, Building materials, Fashion, Consumer electronics, Consumer packaged goods, Furniture & Decor, architecture, manufacturing, and many other industries leverage 3D product visualization to enhance their product presentation. Let us look at some of the applications of 3D product visualization.
- Retail: Retailers can use 3D product visualization to showcase their products realistically and interactively. Since customers can view the product from different angles, zoom in on the details and interact with the features and functionalities, they can understand the design and benefits comprehensively. This immersive experience will enhance product presentation and engage more customers.
- Building Material: Businesses producing and supplying building materials can use 3D product visualization to showcase how the materials will be applied in different contexts.
A building material company can use 3D product visualization to create renders and animations that illustrate its products’ appearance, texture, and compatibility in specific architectural designs or construction scenarios. This will help architects, contractors, and customers visualize the outcome and make informed choices.
- Fashion: Businesses in the fashion industry can incorporate 3D product visualization to create visual prototypes of clothes, shoes, and accessories. It can help designers visualize and fine-tune their creations without needing any samples. This will thus reduce the production cost and speed up the design process.
Fashion-building businesses can use 3D product visualization to offer customization offers to their customers. With the virtual representation of the products like clothing, footwear, and accessories, customers can visualize and personalize the product according to their preferences.
Furthermore, 3D product visualization can showcase collections through virtual fashion shows or presentations. They can create virtual models, simulate catwalk experiences and create dynamic visual displays. 3D product visualization helps the fashion industry become more flexible and accessible to the global audience.
- Consumer Electronics: Consumer electronics businesses can use 3D product visualization to create highly-realistic and detailed representations of the product. They can offer an immersive experience to consumers by showcasing the functionality and technical aspects of the electronics.
Electronic products come in different colors, variations, and accessories. With 3D product visualization, businesses can offer customization options to customers. Visualizing different options in real time allows customers to make informed decisions and customize their electronics according to their preferences, creating a more engaging and personalized shopping experience.
- Consumer Packaged Goods: By creating photorealistic representations of their products with 3D product visualization, Consumer Packaged Goods businesses can enhance their visual appeal and offer customers all the details of their products.
Using 3D visualization, consumer packaged goods businesses can create accurate packaging, labeling, and product features, be it food, beverages, cosmetics, or household goods. Businesses can also use 3D product visualization to create captivating product presentations for marketing materials, online shopping, and retail displays.
- Furniture and Decor: Using 3D product visualization, furniture and decor businesses can create hyper-realistic and detailed representations of the items. It can be used to visualize various furniture and decor items in a virtual environment from the comfort of their home. This will help them assess how the furniture or decor will fit in their desired place. This will thus facilitate better decision-making and minimize the possibility of return.
- Architecture: Businesses involved in architecture can utilize 3D product visualization to present design ideas in a realistic and immersive way. Architects can use 3D modeling and rendering techniques to create detailed visual representations of buildings, interiors, and landscapes.
They can use it to simulate various designing scenarios and assess different factors like lightning, reflection, and more. It can be used to identify design flaws, optimize layout, and improve overall design quality before proceeding with the manufacturing process.
- Advertising and Marketing: 3D product visualization can help marketers create highly-detailed and realistic visualizations of the products, which can be used in promotional materials like product catalogs, brochures, and various online product pages. They can also be helped to provide customers with an interactive experience, such as rotating or zooming the product to see it from different angles.
3D product visualization can also be integrated to offer AR/VR experiences, allowing customers to see how the product will look in their homes or work environments. Markets can also use 3D product visualization to create compelling videos and animations. 3D product visualization can help customers better understand the product, increase their confidence in the brand and help them make an informed decision.
- Product Design and Manufacturing: 3D visualization can enable a streamlined and efficient design & prototyping process through virtual prototyping to create product prototypes before manufacturing. This gives designers the time to check the product’s functionalities and make any necessary changes. It can also be used to create a detailed product model, which can be used to plan the manufacturing process. This could include creating molds, identifying the assembly process, and selecting materials.
Product designers can use it to guide the stakeholders during the visualization process and get their feedback on the product’s features and functionalities. Designers can also use 3D product visualization in the early stage of product designing to try out different concepts and better understand how the product will look and function.
- Real estate: With 3D product visualization, real estate professionals can effectively showcase their properties to potential buyers. They can offer virtual tours of the properties to attract potential buyers or tenants.
With 3D product visualization, real estate agents can quickly multiple variations of the property, thus providing potential customers with a wide range of options.
Furthermore, 3D product visualization enables customization, allowing real estate professionals to create customizable images of the properties. Therefore, they can modify the property layout per the buyer’s or tenant’s requirements.
- Engineering and Construction: 3D visualization can help professionals involved in engineering and construction through different processes. It can be used during the design and planning phase to create detailed building or infrastructure project models. This will help them visualize the project and identify any potential problems.
It can also be used to simulate various construction scenarios, which can help engineers and construction professionals identify and work on any structural weaknesses.
Construction professionals can use it to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget. By simulating various hazardous scenarios, it can be used to teach construction workers how to respond in case of an accident. This will promote workplace safety and minimize the possibility of any potential risk.
- Automobile Design: As part of the concept development stage, 3D product visualization can be used to generate visual representations of new car designs, allowing designers to explore different design concepts and understand how the final product will look and function. It can also be used during design reviews to identify any potential problems and fix them before the car is manufactured.
Using 3D product visualization for prototyping can also help the designers test the vehicle’s fit and form and make any necessary changes before it goes into production. Like engineering and construction, 3D product visualization can be used to design parts, components, select materials and arrange the assembly process.
- Material Fabrication: Virtual prototypes of products can be created using 3D product visualization to help manufacturers identify design issues before creating physical prototypes. It can also be used to evaluate different materials and their properties, such as strength, durability, and weight. This is crucial in helping manufacturers choose the right component for different applications.
3D product visualization can help manufacturers reduce costs and optimize the process by simulating fabrication. Manufacturers can also simulate various processes like testing and product inspection to determine potential issues before manufacturing.
Challenges of Implementing 3D Product Visualization Software In-house
Implementing 3D product visualization software can be challenging because it is not just about buying and using software across the organization. When investing in 3D product visualization software, you must consider several aspects of core expertise infrastructure, disruptions in the market, ease of use, customization options, implementation time, and more.
Furthermore, it is also important to evaluate the costs associated with investing in 3D product visualization software, like the total cost of ownership, including maintenance, support, software cost, hardware, or infrastructure upgrades.
Listed below are some of the other challenges you might face when implementing 3D product visualization software in-house:
- Technical Knowledge and Expertise: Implementing 3D product visualization software requires profound knowledge and the know-how to navigate through it. You will either have to hire new staff with prominent experience and expertise or train the existing staff. Both of them can be financially taxing and time-consuming processes.
- Use case specific expertise: 3D product visualization is a vast space and requires different skill sets for different use cases. In order to set up the right pipeline and process, it is important that the right type of talent and skills are acquired for the specific use case.
- Infrastructure: 3D models are typically large files and require powerful computing infrastructure to process and store them. Your business might have to invest in new hardware or upgrade the existing infrastructure to support 3D product visualization software.
- Data Management: Managing and storing large volumes of data associated with 3D product visualization may need your business to implement new data management processes and systems. This can be especially challenging for new businesses that are trying to navigate their way through the competition.
- Integration: Integrating 3D product visualization software into existing systems and processes can be complicated and time-consuming. It may require changes in the workflows and even overhauling entire manufacturing processes.
House of Blue Beans- A Done-For-You Solution For 3D Product Visualization Requirements
House of Blue Beans is a leading CGI 3D product visualization service provider assisting Fortune 50 companies like Lowe’s and Target in creating premium quality visual content. We have taken pride in being trusted for delivering immersive experiences to customers through different forms of visual content, be it images or videos, for over a decade.
At House of Blue Beans, we believe that a good 3D product visualization looks as realistic as possible, has all the details well represented, and well-thought-out composition that highlights the features and the benefits.
We aim to enhance customer experience by showing the product in context and demonstrating how the product will look in a real-life setting. To ensure this, we secure the services of 3D product visualization to make 3D product visualization accurate, detailed, and informative.
From plain white background images, lifestyle images, videos, and interior and exterior rendering of architectural visual content, our 3D product visualization experts have got your back in creating realistic and visually interesting content to make the product more appealing and engaging.
- Images: House of Blue Beans is there for you whether you want to create a 3D product visualization for a white background, product lifestyle image, or 360 spins. We utilize 3D product visualization services to make the visual content engaging to your audience by offering them a comprehensive view of every aspect of the product, be it design, texture, and color, from any angle. We can help you with the following types of images:
- White background Image: House of Blue Beans understands the importance of creating distraction-free white background images that make the product stand out. We use the versatility and precision of computer-generated imagery to create stunning visuals that pop against a clean canvas. We will help you bring your imagination to life by showcasing your product, design, and concept in the most captivating way.
- 360 Spins: Our 360 spins revolutionize how your audience engages with the product, allowing them to explore every angle, dimension, and detail. Our 360 spins will help you provide your customers with an immersive experience that is beyond static images. With us, you can rest assured that each spin is flawlessly rendered and captures the essence and authenticity of your products. Mesmerize your audience from every angle and make them eager to connect with you.
- Lifestyle Images: With House of Blue Beans, you can create captivating lifestyle images that engage your audience and bring your brand’s essence to life through thoroughly portrayed imagery that evokes emotions and aspirations. Whether it is fashion or home decor, our CGI lifestyle images will allow you to showcase the products seamlessly integrated to form an inspiring context.
- Videos: Our team of 3D product visualization experts will help you create a realistic and natural-looking environment, characters, and scenes in your videos, making them visually appealing to the audience. Make your video appear more interactive and immersive with House of Blue Beans. Check out our sample video work. We can help with the following types of videos:
- Product Videos: Harness the power of CGI to bring your products to life like never before, showcasing the features, functionalities, and benefits of your products in a stunning and engaging manner.
- Functionality Videos: Push the boundaries of visual storytelling and showcase the product’s internal working and intricate details with functionality videos powered by CGI.
- Inspirational Videos: Transport viewers to an extraordinary realm with awe-inspiring and creative CGI videos. Whether it’s creating stunning landscapes or futuristic cityscapes, our CGI experts will create inspirational videos that challenge reality’s boundaries.
- How-to Videos: Create immersive how-to videos with House of Blue Beans. Our CGI experts will help you create visually stunning and highly informative videos to revolutionize how your audience learns about and engages with the product. We provide you with manageable and intuitive visual guides for all types of tasks, from assembling furniture to operating sophisticated machinery.
- White Background Videos: With our CGI expertise, you can create captivating animations, seamless transitions, and eye-catching visual effects that will highlight every angle and detail of your product against a white backdrop.
- AR/VR Experience: House of Blue Beans will help you offer customers an immersive shopping experience with 360 shoppable rooms. This will let customers virtually visit the room and shop as if they are in a physical store. We also offer a visualizer app that strengthens customers’ ability to choose by visualizing the room under different situations.
- Architectural Rendering: Speed up the approval process and boost your sales and marketing with House of Blue Beans 3D product visualization service. Our aim is to deliver high-quality design and minimize the possibility of error and omission during construction.
Why Choose House of Blue Beans for Product Visualization
Wondering what makes House of Blue Beans CGI-based 3D product visualization different? Let us shed light on what House of Blue Beans offers
- Quality: House of Blue Beans assures you that every visual content, be it lifestyle image or product functionality animation, will be of top-notch quality. We aim to provide CGI solutions that meet industry standards for accuracy, visual appeal, and technical excellence. To ensure this, we have a comprehensive review process and quality assurance tools put in place for continuous improvement.
- Quicker Turnaround Time: CGI-based 3D product visualizations help you create and render visual content faster, leaving room for more immediate revisions. With House of Blue Beans, you can rest assured that you will get visual content in two weeks, unlike three months in conventional photography. Moreover, with House of Blue Beans, you will save 80% of your time otherwise spent in the shoot and re-shoot associated with the conventional process.
- Consistency: Environmental factors can significantly affect the output, but there’s nothing much you can do when you utilize conventional photography and/or 2D technology. This makes it difficult to maintain consistency throughout the project. But House of Blue Beans 3D product visualization experts create product visualization in a digitally controlled environment. This means we have total control over lighting, texture, colors, shadow, and reflection, thereby ensuring consistency across all visual content.
- Cost-effective: Conventional photography mode requires expensive equipment and rents for shoot location, model, set, and other such charges. Furthermore, the cost of 2D technology skyrockets since it cannot be reused, and every project will require building from scratch. This is where House of Blue Beans does things differently.
You will get the visual content with us at 1/4th price of conventional photography. Moreover, it significantly reduces the overall cost since we reuse the same 3D model to create different visual contents like white background images, 360 spins, videos, and AR and VR experiences.
Take a look at some of our clients
Whether you plan to launch a new product or give a makeover to the existing one, House of Blue Beans, has your back with our cost-effective and time-efficient delivery of high-quality 3D product visualization showcasing accurate representation with a quick turnaround time.
We hold prominent experience and expertise in providing immersive and premium quality 3D product visualization services at a price that does not burn holes in your pocket.
If you think you might have to go through the hassle of shipping the product to get 3D product visualizations, then you need not worry about House of Blue Beans. We only need some images and a detailed product description to create hyper-realistic and detailed 3D product visualization for your varying products.
Don’t believe what we say? Let reviews by our clients speak for themselves.
Reach out to our 3D product visualization experts with your query today. We’d be happy to help you guide the process of 3D product visualization, ensuring you get an edge over your competitors.
We look forward to helping you show your best angle to the customers!
Top 10 3D Product Visualization Software
While we have given you reasons to choose a 3D product visualizer service, if you would still like to implement in-house software, here are our top picks.
1. Foyr Neo
Foyr Neo is a cloud-based 3D product visualization software, Foyr Neo is designed for architects and designers. It is known to help designers make a swift decisions on design choices with its ability to create photorealistic renderings. It has an extensive library of pre-built models and textures, which can be customized depending on the need.
It has an intuitive interface that ensures high-quality visualizations without compromising on quality. One of the best features of Foyr Neo is its collaboration capabilities, which allow clients and team members to view design in real time and share their feedback.
Blender is a free and open-source 3D creation software, Blender offers a wide range of features for modeling, animation, and rendering. It has an intuitive and customizable interface that allows users to modify the output according to their needs and requirements.
What makes Blender stand out from the crowd is its versatility, which means it can be used to create anything from simple graphics to complex animations. It is equipped with an extensive library of add-ons that can be used to enhance the product’s functionality.
If you are looking for a robust and affordable 3D product visualization solution that comes with tons of features, then Blender is the right choice.
SketchUpis one of the most popular 3D modeling software among designers, architects, and engineers, SketchUp is known for its user-friendly interface and ease of use. It has an extensive library of pre-made models, allowing users to choose from various models, be it furniture, vehicle, or building, to add to their design projects.
Known for its user-friendly interface and ease of use, SketchUp has a wide range of tools allowing users to create complicated designs without difficulty. SketchUp allows remote collaboration, giving multiple users the freedom to work on projects simultaneously. This can help the team to work efficiently and at a faster pace.
If you are new to 3D product visualization or looking for a tool that offers simplicity and advanced features, SketchUp is the right choice.
4. Wings 3D
Wings 3D is a free and open-source software, Wings 3D offers an intuitive interface to create 3D models. It is known for its ability to easily create organic shapes, making it a top choice among artists and designers. It has a user-friendly interface and offers quick navigation through its models, offering real-time feedback on changes made.
It has a unique feature with which it handles complex geometry without compromising on the quality of the product or the performance. Another great feature of Wings3D is the community constantly updates the software with bug fixes and new features.
Despite not having all the features like that of its contemporaries, Wings3D is considered one of the best free options available to designers and professional modelers.
AutoDesk Software is a product visualization software, AutoDesk Software is one of the most popular 3D modeling software available in the market. It provides a wide range of designing, engineering, and manufacturing tools. It has an intuitive interface making it easy for beginners to learn. With AutoDesk Software by their side, professionals need not have extensive knowledge or expertise to create high-quality 3D product visualizations. It has an extensive range of templates and pre-built components which users can customize according to their needs.
What makes AutoDesk a popular software amongst professionals is its ability to support a wide array of file formats and the freedom it gives users to collaborate with other designers using different design programs. It also offers advanced simulation capabilities that help the designers better understand how the product will function and identify potential problems that can be resolved if and when required. Suppose you are looking for a versatile and powerful tool that can provide all the necessary features required for creating professional-grade 3D visualizations. In that case, AutoDesk Software is the right choice for you.
KeyShot is a popular 3D product visualization software, KeyShot is known for its user-friendly interface and powerful features, making it easy to create stunning 3D product visualization. It has an extensive library of materials and environments, giving product designers the freedom to choose from 700 customizable materials and 50 HDRI environments to create hyper-realistic scenes.
It supports various file formats such as IGES, STEP, OBJ, and STL. You can also import your models from other 3D modeling programs into KeyShot without compatibility issues.
If you are looking for a tool that is easy yet powerful enough to create high-quality 3D product visualizations, then KeyShot should be on your list.
7. Octane Render
Octane Render is a GPU-based rendering engine, Octane Render has been widely implemented in film, gaming, and design industries due to its high-performing capabilities. It is easy to use and seamlessly integrates with various 3D modeling programs like Blender, SketchUp, and Cinema4D, making it easy for professionals familiar with these tools to learn Octane Render quickly.
Since it leverages the power of GPUs instead of CPUs, the rendering times are significantly short compared to other software. This helps artists and designers create high-quality images quicker without compromising on quality. Its real-time editing capabilities, physically accurate lighting models, and volumetric effects make it an excellent choice for creating photorealistic renderings.
If you are looking for a powerful tool to help you create stunning visuals quicker while maintaining exceptional quality, then Octane Render is the right choice.
Lumion is a popular 3D visualization software, Lumion is widely popular for its user-friendly interface and real-time rendering capabilities. It has a comprehensive library of high-quality models which can be used to create detailed and realistic-looking product visualizations. It can handle large-scale projects without any difficulty.
Since it offers quick integration with other design software such as Revit and SketchUp, making it is easy to import existing designs into Lumion and create visualizations. Lumion can easily handle large-scale projects- be it a small residential project or a large commercial one.
Suppose you want user-friendly and powerful visualization software with a vast library of high-quality models and real-time rendering capabilities. In that case, Lumion is the right fit for you.
Revit is a 3D product visualization software, Revit, is known to help architects, engineers, and construction professionals create hyper-realistic building designs and renderings. It allows designers to create accurate 3D models using parametric design tools, which helps them make any design changes without starting from scratch.
It also includes features like clash detection, which helps in identifying problems before starting with the construction. Revit is popular in architecture and engineering because of its powerful tools and integration abilities with other AutoDesk Software.
Alongside offering cloud rendering and opting for faster processing, Revit helps designers create photorealistic renders of the designs with its wide range of lighting options and materials libraries.
Cinema4D is a product visualization, 3D modeling, animation, and rendering software, Cinema4D has been in the business for over two decades. Its highly intuitive interface and robust tools allow users to create stunning visual effects, motion graphics, and animations.
Due to its flexibility, Cinema 4D can be used for various applications, such as game development, film and television production, product design, and architectural visualization. It also supports third-party plugins, thereby extending its capabilities. The advanced polygonal modeling tools allow users to sculpt complex shapes without difficulty.
Furthermore, it has a particle system with which users can create realistic simulations, such as simulations of smoke, fire, and water droplets. Users can create high-quality animations due to their ability to render photorealistic images with global illumination.
So what are you waiting for?
If you are looking for a way to boost customers’ confidence in your brand by providing them with an engaging shopping experience, then you should give 3D product visualization a try. Aside from being visually appealing, they can help clarify your ideas and help customers understand them.
So, bid goodbye to complicated, costly, and time-consuming product photography and physical prototyping and speed up the prototyping process with a 3D product visualization service provider like House of Blue Beans. Bring your products to market quickly and influence customers’ decision-making with realistic and detailed 3D product visualization.